Translate

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Be Mormon. Be Happy.

There has been a lot of talk about the Mormons lately...What's the big deal? 

Well, here's a little news update! 

Today, there are over 75,000 missionaries all over the world sharing the same message. There are 141 current Latter-Day Saint Temples and more are being built and dedicated all over the World. In December 2009 there were 28,424 church buildings all over the world....I'm pretty positive that the number has grown since then. If anybody knows the accurate number feel free to comment! 

The church is growing faster than ever, and each year Mormonism receives more and more attention from the media.

Why?

GREAT question.

Maybe to make things more specific is, what makes Mormons different? 
mormon.org is the Church's official site, and explains perfectly what we believe. That site is just too good, there is more than enough resources to learn all about the church of Jesus Christ. 

 So, my parents are converts, so the blessings of the Gospel have been a part of my life since I was born! But that doesn't mean I knew for myself that the Mormon Church was true right away. Here's my experience:

All the years of growing up I was taught the Gospel. Countless times my parents and teachers taught me the story about the Prophet Joseph Smith and how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ restored their church. (not so familiar with the story? click here )
I remember singing "Families can be together Forever" through God's special plan for His children. (what is His Plan exactly? learn more here)
 I grew up reading the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ, which gives us a unique testimony of the Savior and perfectly supports the Bible. 

It came to the point when I was in high school where I needed to know if the faith of my parents was true. I thought about the beliefs that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints had; I'll honestly admit that I thought some of them seemed a little unusual.

After being in a Seminary class one day, I finally determined to pray and ask God if the Mormon Church was true. I remember I was sitting on my bed, reading the Book of Mormon. I knew what I was going to do, and I was scared. It was the first time I had sincerely prayed with a deep desire to my Heavenly Father, to communicate with Him and ask Him what He thought. I got down on my knees next to my bed, and received the courage to pray and ask if what I had been taught was true.

Without a doubt, I received my Heavenly answer. I remember feeling the Spirit so strongly, it felt like someone was giving me a warm hug. Instantly when I felt that I started to cry. I knew it was all true. I knew that God heard my prayer, and He loved me enough to give me a personal answer.  

Brothers and Sisters, I know that this is the truth! You can have the happiness that comes from the fullness of the Gospel. I have a testimony that the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Commandments are given to us so that we can live joyously. When I pondered about my life and the safety and peace that it had, I knew it was all because I chose to be obedient and follow the teachings of the Prophets. Also, I recognized when I chose to not live the Gospel Standards, the peace and safety I felt would leave me. 
Heavenly Father was very literal when He said that His Gospel is a gospel of happiness!

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." -Mosiah 2:41

Here is the Good News.

When our Savior came to the Earth, He taught us HIS way. He established His perfect church as well, and taught His Apostles how to maintain it after He would leave them. So we know that after Christ had left, the people persecuted and rejected the Apostles. With their deaths, the Authority that Christ gave them was lost. 

So, our message is that our loving Father in Heaven has once again called another Prophet today, and has given him the Holy Priesthood to run His church. The FULLNESS of the Gospel is now here

What does that really mean? Jesus Christ really restored His Church? Could it really be possible? 

YES!
Because you are a child of God, this message specifically applies to you and your family. Your Heavenly Father wants you to be happy, and has given you everything that you need to be successful here in mortality. Living the true Gospel of Jesus Christ will permit you and your family to have Exaltation, or Eternal happiness, in God's Kingdom. 

I know that God is the same as He was from the beginning. He is a God of Miracles. It doesn't surprise me at all that He would reach out to us in love by calling a Prophet to teach us His perfect plan, and make it possible to return back. 

This is REAL life! I hope that you will show God your faith, by contacting the missionaries, going to Christ's original church, and reading the Book of Mormon. Please don't forget to pray! :)

I KNOW that understanding the message to you personally will bless you more than you can imagine. I challenge you to see the peace and happiness that will come into your life by living the Restored Gospel. It is a Gospel of HAPPINESS. You will find more peace, joy, and clarity by coming to know the Savior, by being a part of His church today.



"Regardless of what you do or don’t have in this life, your deepest, most lasting happiness will come from knowing God’s plan and following it."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment